Rainforest Jasper & Rosewood 108 Mala
or make 4 interest-free payments of $19.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
Just like traditional Mala's, each hand knotted necklace has 108 beads plus a stirling silver 'guru' bead. The only difference being a hand cut gemstone pendant in place of a tassel.
Here are some different explanations of the number 108’s significance -
- Buddhists believe that humans have the capacity to experience 108 emotions. Buddhist temples have 108 steps and it is said Nirvana is achieved when one overcomes 108 earthly temptations.
- Astrology - in astrology there are 12 houses and 9 planets, 12 x 9 = 108.
- Astronomy - the diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun. In addition the average distance from the Moon to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Moon.
- Numerology - 1+0+8=9. 9 is the number of spirit, connection and completed cycles.
- Heart Chakra - there are said to be 108 energy pathways connecting to the Heart Chakra, which governs unconditional love towards the self and others.
Rainforest Jasper connects you to Planet Earth, the joy of being alive, the energy of growth, and the desire to be in balance with nature. It can help you realign your busy life and find your own natural rhythm of balance and harmony. It can help you let go of negative physical habits like overeating or smoking, and create a naturally healthy state of everyday existence.
Rosewood - Associated with the heart chakra, rosewood brings compassion and the healing of feminine energy.
*This piece is one of a kind