Picasso Jasper & Sandalwood 108 Mala
Just like traditional Mala's, each hand knotted necklace has 108 beads plus a stirling silver 'guru' bead. The only difference being a hand cut gemstone pendant in place of a tassel.
Here are some different explanations of the number 108’s significance -
- Buddhists believe that humans have the capacity to experience 108 emotions. Buddhist temples have 108 steps and it is said Nirvana is achieved when one overcomes 108 earthly temptations.
- Astrology - in astrology there are 12 houses and 9 planets, 12 x 9 = 108.
- Astronomy - the diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun. In addition the average distance from the Moon to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Moon.
- Numerology - 1+0+8=9. 9 is the number of spirit, connection and completed cycles.
- Heart Chakra - there are said to be 108 energy pathways connecting to the Heart Chakra, which governs unconditional love towards the self and others.
Picasso Jasper is a lovely, happy stone that reminds us to celebrate and enjoy life, bringing optimism and openness. It assists in the positive transformation of relationships. Picasso Jasper is said to attract positive people into ones life and support and encourage friendships to blossom in healthy loving ways.
Sandalwood The aroma of sandalwood helps the mind to unwind and increase the spiritual energy. Sandalwood beads are a part of Buddhist tradition and a powerful aid to enhance your meditation as well as stimulate a sense of awareness. It also aids in meditation by fostering tranquillity.
*This piece is one of a kind