Chrysocolla & Rosewood 108 Mala
Just like traditional Mala's, each hand knotted necklace has 108 beads plus a stirling silver 'guru' bead. The only difference being a hand cut gemstone pendant in place of a tassel.
Here are some different explanations of the number 108’s significance -
- Buddhists believe that humans have the capacity to experience 108 emotions. Buddhist temples have 108 steps and it is said Nirvana is achieved when one overcomes 108 earthly temptations.
- Astrology - in astrology, there are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12X9=108.
- Astronomy - the diameter of the Sun is 108 times the diameter of Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun. In addition the average distance from the Moon to the Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Moon.
- Numerology - 1+0+8=9. 9 is the number of spirit, connection to the ether and completed cycles.
- Heart Chakra - there are said to be 108 energy pathways connecting to the Heart Chakra, which governs unconditional love towards the self and others.
Chrysocolla is a wonderful stone to balance your heart centre and bring emotional stability. It focuses universal love energy into your personal experience. A beautiful stone for women as it helps to express their knowledge and experience to others.
Chakra ~ Heart & Throat
Rosewood - Associated with the heart chakra, rosewood brings compassion and the healing of feminine energy.
*This piece is one of a kind